Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Stess relief

Due to a lot of life changes lately I have been finding myself dealing with a lot of stress. As a personal performance coach, I give myself a lot of advice on how to deal with stress, but it seems I don't always listen to my own advice.

I have found one stress relief technique that does seem to work for me every time. Petting Smash.

While I was working vigorously to get a new roof on my house, Smash would just find a shady spot to lay down and sleep. Occasionally I would disturb him by dropping something nearby or running a noisy saw, but mostly he would just sleep.

However every time I would take a brake to sit in the shade and drink some water, he would always come over and lay beside me.

I was amazed at how quickly I could relax while stroking his fur. His calmness about the whole situation would flow into me. I picked up on his relaxed vibration.

I have also noticed that sometimes when I am feeling anxious and I pet him, he will get up and shake. It is like he is shaking off all the vibrational toxins that I put on him. But he never minds. He comes right back for more pet-the-puppy.

So if the calcium and B12 cocktails don't relieve your stress, try petting a dog. Or at least just watch one relaxing in the shade and try to look at life from a dog's perspective for a while.

No comments: