Friday, April 24, 2009

Smash and the trip to North Carolina

Last weekend I decided to take Smash for a ride and find a park to walk him. Unfortunately the weather became rainy so he and I just took a long ride. Being that we live in Southeast Tennessee we're not too far from Alabama, Georgia or North Carolina. I wanted to go up in the mountains so Smash and I headed towards North Carolina.

It was a very peaceful drive with the sun peeping out of the clouds every so often. Smash was hanging out in the front passenger seat for the longest time. It was obvious though that he was missing my kids. Smash would turn and look at the back seat wondering where my two boys Caleb and Hunter were. Soon after, Smash decided to lay his head down on the center console on top of my jacket. He looked quite sad his buddies as well as snack givers were not with us.

Smash and I stopped in Murphy, North Carolina to have lunch. Of course, I had to share my sandwich with him. With his excessive drooling I just had to give him a few morsels. He got a drink and so did I. In fact, I was hoping with his drink I wouldn't have to hold it for him this time. After a little coaxing I managed to get Smash to drink from his cup which he ended up splashing water all over the place including on my cell phone.

On our way back home Smash decided it was time to take a nap. He headed to the back seat to lay down. Every once in a while he would sit up to look around. I noticed when he was sitting up though he was sitting on my college textbooks and my laptop. Guess he was keeping them warm or perhaps protecting them.

No comments: