Friday, February 02, 2007

A tragic end to a fun day

Injured Dog Behavior.

Last night, after a fun day of playing and hiking in the snow, Smash was late returning from his evening potty break.

When he did return, he was cut and broken. It looks like he was hit by a car.

Since we live at the end of a long driveway off a dead end road, we have never concerned ourselves with his getting hit before. We still don't know how it happened or where.

My thanks go to the staff of the Bradley McMinn Pet emergency clinic. They received my broken and bleeding dog with care and professionalism.

They made sure he was breathing properly and stabilized before working with his cuts.

This morning, I transfered him to his regular vet at Appalachian animal clinic. He is resting there now. Now I have to struggle with the decision on how to best care for his mangled leg. Amputation has been suggested as the most viable option.

Please pray for Smash as I have now reason to doubt that he can have a second miracle in his life. It was about this same time last year that he suffered a life threatening injury. Through a miracle of faith he survived that one when no one thought he could.

I believe that his leg can be healed and I reamin open to that option.

1 comment:

Mike said...

If in addition to your prayers, you would like to do more to help Smash, I have set up a link to help you do so.

If you would like to donate to Smash's treatment and recovery, you may do so at this link.

Donate to Smash

Make a note that your contribution is for Smash and 100% of your donation will go to his care.