Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shopping for dog food

Cooking for Smash has been a bit of a hassle this week so I thought I would get him some kibble to tide him over. He normally eats the Hill Science Diet Chicken and rice formula. I decided to grab a bag of their sensitive skin formula. I was shocked when I saw the label said Brewers rice as the first ingredient. Brewers rice is the ingredient that we have found is what CAUSES Smashes skin allergy!

I put that bag back and started looking for something else. I eventually found the Nutro Brand guaranteed to make your dogs skin better. No brewers rice is listed on the label and the rest of the ingredients look pretty good so that is what he is eating. I will take then up on their guarantee if it does not help him.

He got a bit of pinto beans and roast to supplement it tonight as well.

No comments: