Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold

Smash seems to like the cold. He started coming in the house at night last week when it was raining. I thought surely he would enjoy sleeping inside last night as it got down to 10 degrees outside.

I brought him in early but about the time we were going to bed he wanted out. He barked an hour or so later so I coaxed him back in. He only stayed a few minutes before he wanted out again.

We repeated the cycle a few times before I finally just let him stay outside. He seemed to enjoy running around in the yard.

This morning I found he had moved his bed out away from the wall and out onto the sidewalk. He looked quite comfortable curled up there.

He was eager to go for a walk this morning so I bundled up and followed him to the creek. He tested the ice and sniffed a round a bit before we headed back to the house.
He seems quite happy with the cold weather.

No comments: